Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ahhhhhhh, Days in the Field


Well haven't posted in a few days, so let's give it a go shall we. What has happened.........Oh yeah, I got stung in the face by a sea whip. That was pretty cool. I still have the marks on my face and neck, but you can't tell it in any of the pictures. What had happened was.......we were filming one of the octopus trials, in which you basically have to lie flat on the ocean floor while filming. I observed Dr. Bouwma, aka "Dancing Pete", contently lying in a bed of sea whips while filming- soooooo I figured it would be o.k. to follow suit. NOT A GOOD IDEA! Now Pete bears a similar mark on the back of his neck and his knee.

Thursday - Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket? We have had some great weather lately in the Keys - sunny skies, calm seas, etc. Today I found out just how quickly that can change. Went underwater with sunny skies, emerged into a typhoon. I LOVE THE KEYS! I actually really do love the Keys, it's just that a long boat ride into a stinging rain is no so much fun. We did salvage the day though after the rains subsided. Michael twisted both our arms and made us go fishing! I really do enjoy getting to show off some of those freshwater "bass fishin" skills! And I hereby formally apologize to Pete for catching more fish than him. Pete, I'm sorry.

No comments: